If you only have 10 minutes to get an appetizer ready, this is the perfect recipe. I also almost always have the ingredients on hand, so it's also inexpensive. I used good quality cheddar cheese and parsley, but I think they would be delicious with parmesan and rosemary, or perhaps spice it up with a little cayenne. It's also a perfect hostess gift idea - see more ideas here - Dare to DIY.
1) Roll out a piece of frozen puff pastry (thawed) between two sheets of parchment paper
2) Peel back one piece of parchment paper and sprinkle on grated cheese(s) of your choice, herbs, sea salt, and a little olive oil. Put the parchment back on and roll another couple times so the toppings press into the dough.
3) Remove the top piece of parchment, and using a butter knife slice the dough into 3/4 inch slices.
4) Twist the pieces of dough, and place one inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes, until the pastries have puffed up and look golden brown.
5) I put the finished sticks in a mason jar and tied with a little twine.
Linking up with Kathy, Jen, and Julie!